General Information about CODES+ISSS
- Photos from Day 1, Day 2, Day 3.
- EstiMedia'03 Proceedings (9.3MB PDF)
- (10/17/03) EE Times Coverage of CODES+ISSS'03
- Best Paper Award: $1000
- "An Efficient Retargetable Framework for Instruction-Set Simulation", by Mehrdad Reshadi, Nikhil Bansal, Prabhat Mishra, Nikil Dutt, University of California, Irvine
- Best Presentation Award: $500
- "Design Optimization of Mixed Time/Event Triggered Distributed Embedded Systems", by Traian Pop, Petru Eles, Zebo Peng, Linköping University
- Honorable Mention by audience nomination:
- "Programmer's Views of SoCs", by JoAnn M. Paul, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Press Release (Sept 24, 2003) about CODES+ISSS
- Wi-Fi (802.11b) access is available to conference attendees (in Newport Ball Room)
- Final Program: CODES+ISSS (320K PDF), ESTIMedia Final Program (92K PDF)
- Southern Cal. Embedded Systems Symposium .
We are pleased to present to you an exciting program for this year's CODES+ISSS conference. Highlights include
- Keynote by Dr. Irwin Jacobs, Chairman of the board and Chief Executive Officer of QualComm, Inc. "The Evolution of CDMA Wireless Devices Based on Advanced Chip Sets and BREW"
- Invited Talks by
- Mojy Chian (VP of Core Tech, MindSpeed) Economics of SOC Development: How can we make this a profitable endeavor?
- James Lin (VP of Technology Infrastructure Group, National Semiconductors) Design Technology Challenges for System and Chip Level Designs in Very Deep Submicron Technologies
- Feng Zhao (Xerox Parc) Programming Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
- Daniel Gajski (CECS/UCI) Transaction Level Modeling
- Panels on
- System Level Design Tools, chaired by Grant Martin
- Driving Agenda in Systems Research
- (Janos Sztipanovits, Vanderbilt Univ; Masaki Hirata, STARC; Sankar Basu, NSF; Dan Radack, DARPA; plus participant from EU)
- Future of System Level Design , chaired by Reinaldo Bergamaschi
- Special Sessions on
- Industry Best Practices in Embedded Software (Mark Underseth, CEO of S2Technologies; Faraydon Karim, Fellow ST Micro; plus representatives from automotive industry)
- Challenges and New Directions in On-Chip Communication Networks (Jason Cong, UCLA; Luca Carloni, UC Berkeley; Doug Burger, UT Austin)
plus presentations on high quality papers!
The CODES+ISSS Conference is the merger of two major international symposia on hardware/software codesign and system synthesis. The new Conference combines the strengths of these two closely related communities into an open forum that promotes active discussion on innovative topics. The program also actively seeks industry participation. High-quality papers will be accepted for oral presentation followed by poster sessions in an interactive setting. Symposium proceedings are published by ACM SIGDA, and select papers from the conference proceedings will be targeted for a special issue of ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS).