The following example demonstrates how to use AvanWaves to analyze the results of an Star-Hspice DC analysis for a MOS device, displaying a family of I vs. V curves. The example uses the design mosiv.sp, in the $installdir/demo/awaves/tutorial/dc directory.
1. In the Results Display window, select the
2. In the Open text area, enter the following design file path name:
3. Click on
The analysis is set up by selecting an analysis file and an analysis type, as follows:
1. In the Results Browser, select the DC analysis,
2. In the Types scroll box, select the analysis data type
Waveforms are displayed in the Results Display window. One panel is opened by default on opening this window. To display the waveform associated with the curve
1. With the left mouse button, click on the panel you want to display the curve in.
2. In the Results Browser, double-click with the left mouse button on the name of the curve to be displayed.
A number of panels can be opened in the Results Display window at the same time, which provides a way to do comparisons. To add a new panel to the Results Display window, select
The number of panels displayed in the Results Display Window is only limited by the size of the Results Display window. If the window size is too small, the following message is displayed when you select
Not enough room to display new panel. Added as hidden panel.
The panel is added to the Panel List within the Panels pulldown menu as a hidden panel. To display the panel, increase the size of the Results Display window, then double-click on the hidden panel.
To display a second waveform in the new panel:
1. Click the L mouse button in the new panel to select it.
2. In the Results Browser, select the DC analysis
3. In the Types section, select the analysis data type
4. In the Curves section of the Results Browser, select
To delete a waveform in a panel, select the waveform in the wave list and press
Repeat steps 1 through 3 to display the curve
This example described how to open a design, select analysis files to evaluate, add panels, then display waveforms. These are the basic functions provided by AvanWaves.
AvanWaves User Guide - Release 2001.2