Honors and Awards
- IEEE Eric E. Sumner Technical Field Award, 2013.
- IEEE Signal Processing and Computing for Communications Technical Recognition Award, 2022.
- The 2017
Innovation Hall of Fame Inductee, School of Engineering,
University of Maryland.
- IEEE Communications Society Award for Advances in Communication, 2014.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Technical Committee Recognition Award, 2020.
- Distinguished Fellow, International Engineering and Technology Institute (IETI), 2020.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2018.
- School of Engineering Excellence in Research Senior Career Award, 2015-2016.
- Best of Globecom'14.
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Communications Society, 2014-2015.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Globecom, 2012.
- Fellow of AAAS, 2010.
- Conexant-Broadcom Endowed Chair, 2010.
- Best Paper Award, Journal of Communications and Networks, 2009.
- Awarded the title of Chancellor's Professor, 2009.
- Top 10 most-cited researchers in the field of "computer science" during 1997-2007 (announced in Essential Science Indicators from Thomson Scientific).
- Invited to participate in the National Academy of Engineering's 2008 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering.
- ISI highly cited researcher.
- School of Engineering Fariborz Maseeh Best Faculty Research Award, 2007.
- The IEEE Marconi Best Paper Award in Wireless Communications, 2006.
UCI Distinguished Mid-Career Faculty Award for Research, 2006-2007.
- Sole author of a paper selected by ESI as an Emerging Research Front in the field of Engineering, 2006.
- Fellow of the IEEE, 2006.
- NSF Faculty Career Award, 2003.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Symposium on Advances
in Wireless Communications, 2002.
- Texas Instruments DSP fellowship, 1996.
- The 1995 Texas Instruments DSP Solutions
Challenge, American Division Award.
- University of Maryland graduate school fellowship, 1993 and 1994.
- Ranked first in the nationwide entrance
examination of universities, 1984.
Every Important Idea Is Simple !